Coronavirus (COVID-19) Safety Notice CUMH
In the interest of patient and public safety, we regret that strict visitor restrictions are in place in Cork University Maternity Hospital. We understand how difficult this may be and we will be there to support you. We thank you for your understanding.
- For all other inpatients, including antenatal inpatients and postnatal inpatients: no visitors allowed
- For patients in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: mother and father, one at a time.
- For outpatients:only the women attending the appointment – no partners, children or nominated companions.
- We are sensitive to specific situations regarding pregnancy loss, stillbirth and unexpected complications and adapt our visiting restrictions in these situations.
- All patients who receive a pregnancy loss diagnosis are offered the opportunity for a partner to attend at that time. The partner can attend all subsequent visits.
* Once Level 5 is eased, we can be more flexible with visiting again. We will introduce a new Visitor Scheduling App allowing inpatients to nominate a visitor who can book their visiting time, and partners can also book to attend the anatomy scan through this app.
PATIENT COVID-19 FAQS
Please visit the NEW Ireland South Women & Infants Directorate website for the latest information and research on COVID-19 for pregnant women.
Please visit our Patient FAQ page for a list of our frequently asked questions in relation to COVID-19. Also see video below featuring our midwives answering frequently asked questions.
HELPFUL RESOURCES RE: COVID-19
We hope that you are keeping safe and well during the COVID-19 outbreak.
View a selection of resources for expectant mothers.
ONLINE LEARNING - PARENT EDUCATION
VIRTUAL TOUR: Virtual tour of Cork University Maternity Hospital - find out more
SYMPTOM SCREENING: Detailed walkthrough of what a patient can expect on entering CUMH due to COVID-19 Symptom Screening measures. DOWNLOAD
- All patients must enter the CUMH main entrance over the footbridge. This includes patients in labour, attending for c-section or any other appointment.
- There is no internal access to CUMH from the underground maternity car park. Please arrange for drop off at the footbridge.
LATEST PATIENT NOTICES
Patient Notice regarding visiting restrictions update in CUMH. Regretfully we have to temporarily pause partners attending the routine 20-22 week anatomy scan with effect from Monday, 11 January 2021 DOWNLOAD PARENT NOTICE
Latest Patient Notice regarding an update to visiting restrictions in CUMH. Partners of pregnant women to attend the anatomy scan (21-23 weeks) from Monday 14 December 2020. DOWNLOAD PARENT NOTICE
Parent notice from Dr Brendan Murphy, Lead Consultant Neonatologist regarding updates to our visitor restrictions with one parent at a time allowed visit their baby in the Neonatal Unit in CUMH. DOWNLOAD PARENT NOTICE
Latest Patient Notice regarding visiting restrictions and patient queries regarding COVID-19 from Prof. John R. Higgins, Clinical Director. DOWNLOAD PATIENT NOTICE
Patient Notice regarding car park restrictions - there is no access from the underground maternity car park to CUMH. Please arrange for drop off at CUMH main entrance. From Prof. John R. Higgins, Clinical Director. DOWNLOAD PATIENT NOTICE
Memo regarding suspension of Newborn Hearing Screening Programme as of 28.03.2020 and the introduction of procedures to manage the backlog - from Gary Norman HSE National Clinical Lead (Audiology). All births will be recorded and hearing screening will be offered at a later date to all eligible babies. DOWNLOAD MEMO
|18/03/2020||Latest Patient Notice from Prof. John R. Higgins, Clinical Director regarding delivery of care due to COVID-19. Please note further, necessary visitor restrictions and changes to assessment pathways as of 18 March 2020. DOWNLOAD PATIENT NOTICE|
|18/03/2020||Parent notice from Dr Brendan Murphy, Lead Consultant Neonatologist regarding visitor restrictions and infection control measures in the Neonatal Unit in CUMH as of 18 March 2020. DOWNLOAD PARENT NOTICE|
|18/03/2020||Patient Notice from our Clinical Director Professor John R. Higgins regarding delivery of care due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and further, necessary visitor restrictions as of 18 March 2020. DOWNLOAD PATIENT NOTICE|
|11/03/2020||Patient Notice from our Clinical Director Professor John R. Higgins regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the delivery of care as of 11 March 2020. DOWNLOAD PATIENT NOTICE|
|06/03/2020||Message from our Clinical Director Professor John R. Higgins to staff, students and patients regarding clinics, theatre and visitor restrictions and more. We regret any inconvenience caused. Patients that have questions about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) can call reception on 021 492 0500. DOWNLOAD MEMO|
If you are a patient with a query on Covid-19 please contact main reception for CUMH on 021 492 0500.
Patients who suspect they may have Covid-19 symptoms should contact their GP or Public Health via telephone first:
Public Health Number: 021 4927601
24-hour COVID19 care line: 1850 24 1850.
The HSE issues ongoing updated public health advice about what to do during the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and is the best, trusted source for this information. Find out about COVID-19 symptoms, keeping good hand hygiene, social distancing and more.
VISIT HSE COVID-19 INFO
The HSE also has published information on coronavirus (COVID-19) and pregnancy. VISIT HSE COVID-19 and PREGNANCY INFO.