Cork University Maternity Hospital provides Fertility Assessment services for those finding it difficult to conceive. Formerly located in the CUMH antenatal outpatient area, the clinic has moved to the Lee Road Clinic. The clinic is currently run by consultants Dr Moya McMenamin, Dr Minna Geisler, and Dr Manal Younis and two nurse specialists. Patients can be referred to the clinic by their GP and should have relevant tests carried out in advance with results available for review at the first consultation.
The clinic carries out fertility diagnostic tests including:
- Transvaginal Ultrasonography (a component of the first consultation)
- Hysterosalpingography and Laparoscopy with hydrotubation ( to assess tubular normality)
- Semen Analysis
The following Fertility treatments are provided:
- Ovulation Induction (OII)
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Fertility enhancing surgery (i.e. myomectomy)
The Lee Road clinic will be the central location of a Regional Fertility Hub for the South/Southwest Hospital Group as part of the initial roll out of the Model of Care for Infertility which will see increased access to investigations and treatments for infertility. For more information on access criteria for publicly funded Assisted Reproductive Treatment click here.