Are you a General Nurse interested in Midwifery
The deadline of 31 July 2020 is approaching for registered general nurses who wish to apply for a Higher Diploma in Midwifery.
If you are a general nurse and are interested in the rewarding career in midwifery, then it's time to get going. The Higher Diploma in Midwifery is open for applications for 2021 and the deadline is looming fast - the closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 31 July 2020 via www.pac.ie.
HSE Sponsorship is available which means successful applicants will have EU Fees paid by the HSE subject to certain conditions.
This is an 18-month programme for registered general nurses (RN) that leads to a Higher Diploma in Midwifery and registration as a midwife (RM) with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
- The programme is full time and is offered in partnership with Cork University Maternity Hospital (CUMH).
- The theoretical component of the programme is delivered over 26 weeks with lectures in UCC and CUMH.
- The practice component consists of 52 weeks of midwifery practice which includes annual leave. Midwifery practice includes a 24-hour cycle of care for mothers and babies therefore student midwives work day and night duty including weekends.
It is an exciting time to consider a rewarding career in midwifery. The National Maternity Strategy (Dept. of Health, 2016) ten-year plan maps out improved and safe choices of care pathways for women and their families, and midwives play an important role in all pathways of care. More community midwifery and midwifery led services are being developed and rolled out as part of the implementation of the strategy.
- Closing date for on-line applications (www.pac.ie ) is 12 noon Friday 31st July 2020
- Closing date for receipt of supporting documentation is 12 noon Friday 31st July 2020
Please check the HSE website for further information https://www.hse.ie/eng/staff/jobs/job-search/nursing/midwifery/
Please visit the UCC Midwifery website page for details on the course and how to apply https://www.ucc.ie/en/hdmh/
View Higher Diploma in Midwifery Information Leaflet