University Hospital Waterford
- Visiting is between 2pm and 4pm every day
- 1 visitor unless there is an arrangement with the Ward / Unit Manager.
- Please tell Security staff on arrival where you are going.
- Please comply with any infection prevention and control precautions such as mask wearing, use of alcogel etc.
- Please note that at any time a ward may be in Outbreak and in such instance visiting is not facilitated to that ward
- If the hospital is experiencing a significant number of Outbreaks visiting may be restricted with visiting only facilitated in exceptional circumstances by arrangement with the Ward or Unit Manager.
- If this happens, you can drop off or collect patients’ belongings to the designated area in the Main Foyer. Please make sure that any drop off is labelled.
- Do not come to the hospital if you feel unwell or have cold or flu symptoms, vomiting or diarrhoea.
- Special arrangements will be made for very unwell patients or patients with exceptional circumstances – these arrangements should be made directly between family members and the Ward or Unit Manager.
Nominated support partners are welcome to attend for:
- 12-week scan
- 20-week scan
- Emergency presentations
- Labour and childbirth
- Other appointments or attendances that may be stressful or upsetting
Visiting by nominated partners is flexible and facilitated daily by arrangement with the Clinical Nurse Manager
People accessing the hospital need to abide by the various measures in place. Relatives of patients should identify one person who will be the contact for the relevant unit or ward.
All our hospitals are smoke-free campuses. Smoking is not allowed throughout the hospital and the hospital grounds. Supports available to give up smoking