Across Ireland South Woman and Infants Directorate, breastfeeding is encouraged, supported, and promoted.
Our Midwives are on hand to help you establish good breastfeeding practices in the days after your baby is born, and beyond.
Interactive Online Classes:
Our breastfeeding Antenatal Preparation class is now running online every Monday morning from 10:00 - 12:30.
Bookings can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your FULL NAME, email address, MRN, and due date in the email.
The interactive classes cover the following topics:
- The Importance of Breastfeeding - Attachment and positioning
- How Breastfeeding works - Issues that may affect the latch
- Skin-to-Skin - How to know all is going well
- Recognising when baby needs to feed - How can partners give practical support
- Hand Expressing Colostrum - Community Supports
Due to the high number of bookings, we request that you do not book your classes until you are 32 weeks pregnant.
Please visit our list of videos, many filmed in Cork University Maternity Hospital, useful for breastfeeding mothers - find out more
We highly recommend visiting the HSE parenting and breastfeeding community at www.mychild.ie. This website is a great resource offering the ability to chat live with a Lactation Consultant online, as well as a search facility to locate a breastfeeding support group near you.